BSc -Yoga Therapy
Bachelor of Science in Yoga Therapy
Yoga Course Application
Objective of BSc Yoga Therapy:
- To train persons as Yoga Therapy Instructors as paramedical personal in hospitals, nursing homes to introduce IAYT under the guidance of doctors.
- To equip the participants to run their own Yoga Centers.
- To equip the participants to work as therapists at Naturopathy hospitals, health clubs etc.
- To train them to introduce yoga in higher secondary schools.
Title & Duration of the Course:
- The course shall be called Bachelor of Science (Yoga) abbreviated as BSc (Yoga).
- The course shall be of three academic years duration and conducted in 6 semesters and each Semester having a duration of 16 weeks.
- The calendar of events in respect of the course shall be fixed by the University from time to time.
- The examination for the subjects shall be conducted at the end of each semester for the 6 Semesters, except when there are no candidates taking examination for any subjects.
Admission and Eligibility Prerequisites:
- To be eligible for admission to the first year of the course, the student shall have passed 10+2 or Equivalent of any discipline with basic knowledge in English language plus Yoga Instructor’s Course (YIC).
- The candidate shall have secured a minimum of 50% of marks.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Group I shall be considered eligible for admission if they have passed the qualifications obtaining not less than 40% of marks in aggregate.
- During the admission time parents has to accompany there wards. 2 photographs of student, parents and local guardians are required.
There will be a written entrance test (for hour) on July 30, 2016 at 11:00am in Santhosha hall, Prashanthi Kutira.