Please note that PGDYT admissions are open for the January 2017 batch.
Batches for regular UG and PG programmes will be starting from August 2017.
Admission Notification will be issued on website in May 2017.
ANTTC Programme is offered by ‘VYASA’. Course applications are invited for January 2017 Batch.
Students with 10th or 12th pass certificate can apply.
Application forms can be downloaded from the links below –
Completely filled application forms along with the required documents have to be submitted in scanned copies to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For detail information about the courses please refer to the link -> S-VYASA Regular courses
For fee structure for all courses refer -> FEE STRUCTURE
As YIC is a compulsory course before joining other graduate and post graduate programmes, students are advised to get admission to YIC first.
ABOUT THE COURSE – YOGA INSTRUCTORS’ COURSE (YIC)
The course commences from 1st of every month (excluding April), students are requested report before noon of the 1st. And you will be relieved after valedictory program i.e. 30th (before breakfast everything will be finished with YIC – officially).
Admission procedure –
Admission date starts 1st to 24th of each month. 24th is the last date of payment.
Before coming to the campus, you must send the documents for checking eligibility.
Submit all the scanned documents along with completely filled Admission Form to email@example.com.
Once you get the confirmation from the Admission office for the eligibility and availability of seats for the batch,
you can proceed for payment of fees.
Payment can be made by following methods –
- by visiting the campus or
- by online banking transfer or
- by direct deposit of fees in University bank account.
- Demand Draft
Please note that admission for YIC will be confirmed and seats will be blocked only after the payment of fees.
General information about Yoga Instructor Course (YIC)-
- YIC course has been specially designed so that within one month, a person feels comfortable and sufficiently knowledgeable to be able to teach yoga, in a positive non-harmful manner, which imbibes ancient knowledge of India.
- The YIC course introduces the concept of right way of living, which can be easily translated, into their lives. The YIC course is the flagship course for SVYASA to allow student to progress onto other long term courses. The YIC course has been designed to inspire the people from all nations to come and learn, the basis of yoga and its application, so that old ideas, prejudices and barriers are removed. The concept of universal brotherhood is developed with the YIC course.
- 12th standard (2nd PUC/+2/12 years of education) with 10th standard is mandatory.
- Basic knowledge of English language. (Course will be in English medium only)
- Student should apply before one month for the course.
DRESS CODE AND DISCIPLINE:
- Prashanti Uniform should be strictly followed by all the students of YIC.
- Apart from practical session general decent dress code can be used.
- Each month is considered as a unit and the candidate has to put in a minimum attendance of 90% in each subject.
COURSE FEE STRUCTURE and Accommodation:
- For Indians is Rs. 18000/-
for foreigners $ 900 (US Dollars)
- Foreigners need to submit valid Passport and Visa photo copy.
- Please report 1st date of the month by 9am at S-VYASA Reception to get the accommodation.
- Accommodation is provided in general Dormitory, separately for ladies and gents.
- Rooms will be provided based on availability only and at extra cost of Rs 4000/- Per head.
- Please bring 1.Water bottle 2. Torch, 3. Bed sheets 3. Umbrella in rainy season, 4. Sweater during winter.
- The Yoga Instructor course consists of the following the subjects which transforms the students could able to learn yoga and provides the platform to teach the yoga individually.
- Introduction to yoga and its’ streams (2 credits)
- Life and Message of Spiritual Masters and Applications of Yoga (2 credits)
- Asanas & Kriyas (2 credits)
- Pranayama & Meditations (2 credits)
- Teaching techniques & Karma yoga (2 credits)
- Yogic games / Happy assembly and report (2 credits)
Date of Examination: – 13th Test Exams, 25th to 29th Final Exam.
- Yoga Instructor Course has designed in such a way that students not merely only teaching to the people in holistic manner, it also provides the platform to learn many things. The core values of the YIC are as follows.
CONTRIBUTING TO NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
- Through this program development is achieved (Physical, mental, social and spiritual awareness).
- Awareness of yoga, spiritual and traditional values are created among the public by the students who are trained at S-VYASA in the right way of living.
- Development of skills in various areas, which are multi-applicable to any situations, be it employment or leisure pursuit.
INCULCATING A VALUE SYSTEM AMONG STUDENTS:
- Everyday activity is done which continue to instill traditional values in the students using a variety of methods
- Maitrimilan – Chanting of Slok-Sangraha based on Bhagawad Gita and discourse on topics related to Yoga and spirituality
- Karma yoga-Self less service.
- Sattvic food-adjustment to eating a balance, simple, wholesome foods.
- Honesty, sincerity, integrity, punctuality, morality, importance to traditional values, Universal brotherhood (all are called Bhaiya’s and Didi’s, spiritual values, value of rising early in the morning.
FEATURES OF THE YIC COURSE:
- It is only one month residential course, hence many people can take out time from there busy schedule and join the course to become yoga instructor.
- The course is a nice combination of theory and practice which create good understanding of yoga from physical, mental, social and spiritual prospective.
Yoga for rehabilitation
- This course has attracted graduates, post graduates and professionals from the different fields. These graduates use this course to remain balance in all situations.
- An hour YOGA per day and keep ailments away’ is the new slogan for all who wanted to be healthy and successful in their work place. They become role model to others of how to live a life in the right way on the right path
Students who do the Yoga Instructors’ Course have to follow the following schedule and attend the all the classes without fail. Please note that 90% attendance is mandatory in order to completion of the course smoothly.
Contact details for YIC information:
Office Land Line No. 080 2263 9964 , Mobile No.: +919632753030
You may directly come to Prashanti Kutiram campus (35 kms from Bangalore ), or report to Bangalore City Office.
Transportation will be arranged from the City Office to reach the campus. You have to report previous evening before 06.00 pm of day of commencement of the course. it is advisable to report a day before to settle comfortably in campus. In case of emergency you may report the next day i.e 1st date of month early morning, before 7.00 am. Bus will leave for campus at sharp 7.00 am.
International Students may hire a Taxi and directly get to Prasahnti Kutiram Campus if they are coming from airport.
City Office address: Ekanath Bhavan, Gavipuram Circle, KempeGowda Nagar, and Bengaluru. (Ph: 080-26612669).
University Campus : Prashanti Kutiram, Vivekananda Road, Kalluballu Post, Jigani, Anekal, Bengaluru – 560105.
(Ph: 080-2263 9961/9963/9984/9995).