Feb, 2015 – YIDM Program @ Prashanti
Yoga Instructors for Diabetes Mellitus
The next batch of YIDM – Yoga Instructors for Diabetes Mellitus
a 7 day residential course conducted at SVYASA University, Prashanti Kuttiram, Bengaluru
will be held between Feb 1 – 7,2015 & Feb 9 – 15 ,2015
Aim: To make India diabetes free through yoga-based lifestyle intervention
- Train the certified yoga instructors on effective diabetes management and prevention
- Teach them evidence based yoga therapy for diabetes.
- Train to teach yoga to diabetes patients based on their special needs.
- Impart knowledge on diet and lifestyle modification necessary for diabetes.
- Train yoga instructors to become an effective part of the ‘Stop Diabetes Movement’
- To be eligible for admission into the course, the students should have passed minimum YIC from S-VYASA University.
- Age: Up to 50 years only (Male & Female)
- Students should know English.
Course content includes theory, practical and field training
Theory: Diabetes mellitus (DM) – Physiology & pathology, Yoga for DM, Diet for DM, counselling, communication skills, IAYT for DM, interpreting blood reports, parameter taking, questionnaires, etc.
Practical: Yoga practices, Chair Surya Namaskar, parameter taking, questionnaires scoring, etc.
Field Training: Hand held training at one of the SDM camps
- Students should wear track suit and T-shirt, during practical sessions.
- Apart from practical session, general decent dress code can be worn.
- 100% attendance is mandatory for both theory and practical sessions.
- Accommodation would be provided in general dormitory.
- Certificate would be issued after successful completion of field training, by attending one SDM camp or by conducting one SDM camp.
- Rs. 5, 000/– (Indian Nationals)
- US $ 500/- (International Students)
Note: You have to submit your YIC certificate xerox copy and one passport size photo.
For Registration Contact:
Kiriti Bhusan Ghosh
cell: +91-94830 71358 / +91-94802 95432
ph: +91-80-2263 9966