Library Rules & Regulation
Saraswati Central Library Rules & Regulations
Guidelines for Users:
- Library will remain open for all the users during the following hours on all working days:
Monday – Sunday – Morning 9.00am To 5.00pm (Lunch 1pm To 2pm)
Evening 6.00 pm To 9.00 pm (Dinner 7.30 To 8.30)
- Students are required to show their ID cards while entering the Library, while borrowing books and at any time when requested by the Library Staff.
- Students are requested to leave their bags, handbags and personnel belongings etc. on the racks kept inside Property Counter in the library. Do not bring & keep any valuables as the library will not be responsible for them.
- Each student will be permitted to borrow Three Books (3) for a period of 15 days, Except YIC & Participants Students.
- Each Faculty and Staff will be permitted to borrow Five Books (5) for a period of 1Month (30 Days).
- The books are to be returned on the due dates, failing which the student and staff will be required to remit a fine Rs. 2 /- per book per day beyond the due date.
- Reserved books also have to be returned immediately after receiving the overdue notice from the library.
- Students who fail to return the reserved books on time shall have to pay a fine of Rs. 5/- per day along with library fine.
- Renewals are allowed only when there is no claim by others.
- Reference Books, journals/magazines and CD/DVD’s will not be issued.
- Any document taken out of the library should be shown to the Library staff, before being taken out.
- Absence and illness are not acceptable excuses for the exemption from paying overdue charges.
- Books marked or written with ink or pencil, torn/ pages taken out or defilement in any other form will be taken seriously and the borrower will be penalized. He/she will be required to either replace the book with Rs.50/- towards Technical Processing Fee or pay double the cost of the book.
- Books lost by the borrowers will have to be reported immediately in writing to the librarian, failing which; fines will keep on accumulating, replace the book within week (7 days).
- Refreshments or foodstuff of any kind will not be allowed inside the library.
- The librarian has the authority to recall a book at any time before its due date. He may also increase the overdue charges for overdue or recalled books.
- All library members are expected to read the notice board for library timings and other facilities.
- Books and periodicals used in the Reference Section are not to be replaced by the readers and may be left on the table.
- Mobile phones are banned in the library, anybody found using them will be penalized and the handset will be confiscated.
- All the students are required to strictly adhere to the above regulations and cooperate with the library staff for smooth and efficient functioning of the library.
THERE IS NO BOOK SO BAD, BUT SOMETHING GOOD MAY BE FOUND IN IT
Cervantes, Don Quixote
Dr. Sudheer Deshpande