This page contains content generated at SVYASA University and is proprietary. While you are allowed to use the content for your use freely, please write to us if you need further clarifications on email@example.com . Feel free to write to us if you have any questions!
Venue: Mangal Mandir,Prashanti Kutiram,Bangalore
Chanting: Raja Yoga
Chanted by: Rudranath
Discourse: Raja Yoga
Vice-chancellor,SVYASA, Bangalore, India
1. Suprabhatam, Sushwagatam (good morning & welcome)…
2. Yama (disciplines) & Niyama (principles) help in counseling a person.
3. Speak the palatable truth irrespective of time and place.
4. Practice of non-violence is one of such discipline.
5. Asanas are yogic postures derived from relaxing techniques of animals e.g. Mayur Asana.
6. There are dynamic and relaxing schools of Asanas.
7. Dynamic asanas are meant for shredding Tamas (lethargy). Whereas relaxing asanas are meant for shredding Rajas (hyper active).We incorporate both for loosening muscle joints and relax those.
8. There are two types of children shy and rebellious. Backward bending postures are good for shy children. Forward bending postures are good for rebellious.
9. Stretch and relax are key essence of dynamic Asanas. Steady, stabiles and relax by are key essence of relaxing Asanas.
10. Withdraw all efforts and meditate on infinite objects like ocean & sky to get bliss. Let’s contemplate on these thoughts and meditate on wonderful blue sky.
PROF. H R NAGENDRA,ME,PhD
Vice-chancellor of S-VYASA With his PhD in Mechanical Engineering, he was a NASA research assosiate and consultant at Harvard University before his interests turned to full-time involvement in human engineering and the search for ultimate Reality. His life mission is the scientific exploration of the subtle aspects of consciousness through yoga.He has 30 research papers in Engineering and 60 in Yoga.He has written more than 30 books on yoga.