This page contains content generated at SVYASA University and is proprietary. While you are allowed to use the content for your use freely, please write to us if you need further clarifications on email@example.com . Feel free to write to us if you have any questions!
Venue: Mangal Mandir,Prashanti Kutiram,Bangalore
Chanting: Raja Yoga
Chanted by: Monali, MSc.
Discourse: Raja Yoga
Vice-chancellor,SVYASA, Bangalore, India
1. Suprabhatam, Sushwagatam (good morning & welcome)…
2. The two schools of yogas are dynamic asanas and relaxing asanas.
3. Yogasanas are classified as relaxation, meditative and cultural Asanas.
4. Physical exercises involve jerk and speed whereas dynamic Asanas deals with movement of spine and endocrine.
5. Yogasanas works at all levels of body & mind.
6. Yoga give mastery over mind, reduces ego, moves towards selflessness and serves society.
7. Ideal body has tranquility of mind and clarity of thought. It has highly flexible and elastic body.
8. Ideal body is soft like lotus and hard like diamond.
9. Pranayama is fourth limb of Raj Yoga. Slow down exhalation or slow down inhalation are two ways of Pranayama.
10. One to three breaths per minutes is objective of Pranayama. Let’s contemplate on these thoughts and spread fragrance of love and bliss.
PROF. H R NAGENDRA,ME,PhD
Vice-chancellor of S-VYASA With his PhD in Mechanical Engineering, he was a NASA research assosiate and consultant at Harvard University before his interests turned to full-time involvement in human engineering and the search for ultimate Reality. His life mission is the scientific exploration of the subtle aspects of consciousness through yoga.He has 30 research papers in Engineering and 60 in Yoga.He has written more than 30 books on yoga.