Stop Diabetes Movement (SDM)
SDM – A nationwide collective effort.
To stop India from becoming ‘Global Capital of Diabetes’.
About Stop Diabetes Movement (SDM)
- Stop Diabetes Movement (SDM) is a community (Public – Private Partnership) effort to prevent India from becoming the world capital of Diabetes Mellitus using the Integrated Approach of Yoga Therapy (IAYT).
- SDM envisages identifying, motivating, training and organizing – Volunteers (organizers), Diabetes patients, Yoga Instructors, Doctors and Researcher.
- VYASA Trust and Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (SVYASA) a Yoga University, Bangalore has undertaken this ambitious nationwide program “Stop Diabetes Movement” to bring down the growth of diabetes in India.
AIM of SDM: SDM aims at bringing down the growing curve of diabetes in India, using Yoga based Lifestyle intervention.
Aim of SDM
Objectives of SDM:
- Primary prevention: Prevent Pre-diabetics to become diabetics and
- Secondary prevention: Preventing the complications; converting diabetes condition from severe to moderate, moderate to mild, and from mild to normal
- India is heading towards becoming the ‘Global capital for diabetes’
- Diabetes has reached epidemic proportions
- More and more young persons are also becoming diabetic, because of the modern life style.
- Every 6 seconds, a person dies of diabetes complications
- In the same 6 seconds, 2 people are diagnosed as diabetics
- One in every five diabetics in the world is Indian
Yoga for Diabetes: Yoga helps in prevention and management of diabetes by lifestyle change (diet, exercise, habits and stress reduction) through mind management. Nearly 100 research publications in indexed international journals from around the world has shown that, yoga helps in several ways:
- Maintains normal blood glucose (fasting and post meal).
- Normalizes weight and BMI levels.
- Reduces HbA1C, bad cholesterol and need for diabetes medication.
- Increases good cholesterol, nerve conduction velocity.
- Reduces high blood pressure and improves cardiac pumping efficiency even after bypass surgery.
- This works by reducing stress levels as indicated by reduced blood levels of cortisol (stress hormone) and inflammatory markers.
Yoga for Type 2 DM
Stop Diabetes Movement
Email – email@example.com
Scope and Limitations for VYASA SDM Center “Stop Diabetes Movement (SDM)” is the social service project of VYASA. The authorization of SDM center is strictly limited only for the activities related to this movement This center is not authorized for conducting any other course / program of VYASA (e.g – YIC) Kindly note this center […]
21st to 27th June, 2015 A NATIONWIDE STOP DIABETES MOVEMENT Initiative of VYASA Bengaluru, Technical support by S-VYASA Yoga University Supported by Arogya Bharati and Indian Yoga Association For finding your nearby camp venue, please contact: National Coordinators Zonal Coordinators Regional and State Coordinators Distric Cordinators What is Madhumeha Mukta Bharat Yoga Saptaha (MMBYS)? Madhumeha Mukta Bharat is […]