Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga (PGDYT)
- Promoting positive health, prevention of stress-related health problems and rehabilitation through Yoga.
- Adoption of Integral Approach of Yoga Therapy to common ailments.
- Imparting skills in them to introduce Yoga for health to general public.
- To enable them to establish Yoga Therapy centers in the service of common man.
Title & Duration Of The Course
Find the Syllabus here
- The course shall be called Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy abbreviated as PGDYT
- There will be TWO intakes in each calendar year starting on January and July
- The examination for the subjects shall be conducted at the end of programme as per the evaluation scheme of DDE.
- The minimum duration of the course will be FIFTEEN Months and the maximum duration will be THREE years
Admissions & Eligibility
- The candidate should have completed Any Graduation
- The candidate shall have secured a minimum of 50% of marks in Degree Programme
- The candidate should have completed Yoga Instructor’s Course
- Any reservations / special privileges may be given as per Governmental norms.
Counseling and Personal Contact Programmes (PCPs)
- There will be Two Personal Contact Programmes conducted as per Table below
- The calendar of events in respect of the course shall be fixed by the Admissions Committee from time to time
- PCP Schedules are subject to change.
|Type of PCP||Induction Programme||Assessment Programme|
First Week of January
Second Week of subsequent January
First Week of July
Second Week of subsequent July
You may view the details of the fees by clicking on Fees Structure Click here View Fees Structure
Refund and Cancellation
- Fee paid is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- In case the students do not finish the programme in the current batch, registration will be carried forward to the subsequent batches on payment of per Semester Tuition Fees. If students do not finish the programme within stipulated maximum duration, their registrations will be considered cancelled.
How to Apply
Please note: We have been experiencing difficulties with many email addresses. Gmail is our preferred Email provider. Please create a gmail email for easy communications!
Documents to be submitted along with application:
(Documents should be attested by Notary / Gazzetted Officers. In case certificates are self attested, students are required to produce originals during PCPs)
(Please note: Yoga Instructor’s Course PLUS 12th Standard or 12 years of Education (High School) are prerequisites)
i. Two Passport Size Photographs (SIX for non-Indians)
ii. Attested marks card from High School (10th Standard) to highest examination passed
iii. Attested copies of University Certificates
iv. Copy of Passport and Visa (for non-Indian Nationals)
v. Health / Fitness Certificate
vi. Declaration from student stating he/she is not enrolled for other diploma/degree programmes
PGDYT Course Coordinator,
Directorate of Distance Education,
19, Eknath Bhavan
Payment Options: :
Payment of fees is online only https://svyasa.iweb.online/
The following Payment options are only for the batches from January 2010 to July 2018
You may pay online through a bank transfer as per details below:
A/c Name : Directorate of Distance Education, S-VYASA OR DDE, SVYASA
A/c Number : 31842235275
Bank Name & Adress : SBI, CA 4 / 1, APC Circle, Jigani Indl. Area, Jigani, Bangalore
SWIFT / IFSC Code: SBIN0011355 (used for RTGS and NEFT transactions)
Branch Code : 11355
Type of Account: Current
You may also deposit cash in any SBI into our bank account given above
Please note: Once payment is made, please send us a copy of your transaction details. We will be unable to provide a receipt with the copy of the transaction details