Yoga Instructors Course (YIC)
(Note: The YIC course is a prerequisite and mandatory programme for all programmes under DDE)
Regulations Governing Yoga Instructor’s Course (YIC)
Please find the syllabus here
Objective: Yoga is becoming popular day by day. A wave of yoga is sweeping across the globe. To introduce yoga as a science of Holistic living and not merely as yoga postures, S-VYASA has been offering this course over the last two decades all over the globe with great benefits. At the end of this course, the students will be able to teach yoga to the general public the holistic way, to prevent diseases, promote positive health and bring harmony and peace in the society.
Title & Duration Of The Course
- The course shall be called Yoga Instructor’s Course abbreviated as YIC
- There will be TWO intakes in every calendar year starting on the 1st of January and July every year
- The examination for the subjects shall be conducted at the end of programme as per the evaluation scheme of ODL.
- The minimum duration of the course will be SIX months and the maximum duration will be 12 months
Counseling and Personal Contact Programmes (PCPs)
- There will PCPs conducted every Sunday for 3 hours at Learner supporting Centers
- The calendar of events in respect of the course shall be fixed by the Admissions Committee from time to time.
- PCP Schedules are subject to change.
1. Tuition Fees
Total for Programme
Indian Nationals / SAARC Nationals /
Residing in India for last SIX years or more
(Other Fees: Smart Cards, Self Learning Materials, Online Content, Digital Library, Examination Fees, Certification Fees, Registration Kit)4
Students of Non-Indian Nationality may take the Assessments at our Support Centers or Online
- Self Learning Materials (SLM) – Yoga Instructor’s Manual, DVDs and CDs, Online Content
- Kriya Set
- Yoga Mat
- Yoga Bag
- Yoga Uniform
Refund and Cancellation
- Fee paid is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- In case the students do not finish the programme in the current batch, registration will be carried forward to the subsequent batches on payment of per Semester Tuition Fees. If students do not finish the programme within stipulated maximum duration, their registrations will be considered cancelled.
Admissions & Eligibility
- The candidate shall have secured a minimum of 50% of marks in High School and Higher secondary Programmes
- Any reservations / special privileges may be given as per Governmental norms.
Flowchart of Programme
- Step 1 – Counseling and Registration for the Programme
- Step 2 – Dispatch of Registration Kits
- Step 3 – Self Study using the Materials sent
- Step 4 – Attend Counseling Sessions
- Step 5 – Appear for Assessments and Term-end Examination
How to Apply?
You can fill the application in our portal http://svyasa.iweb.online the application form Online , complete the same and submit the online form along with documents listed in the application forms
Please note: We have been experiencing difficulties with many email addresses. is our preferred Email provider. Please create a gmail email for easy communications!
Documents to be submitted along with application:
(Documents should be attested by Notary / Gazzetted Officers. In case certificates are self attested, students are required to produce originals during PCPs)
(Please note: 12th Standard or 12 years of Education (High School) are prerequisites)
- Two Passport Size Photographs (SIX for non-Indians)
- Attested marks card from High School (10th Standard) to highest examination passed
- Attested copies of University Certificates
- Health / Fitness Certificate
YIC Course Coordinator,
Directorate of Distance Education,
19, Eknath Bhavan
Please note: Once payment is made, please send us a copy of your transaction details. We will be unable to provide a receipt without the copy of the transaction details