Master of Science (Yoga)
Considering the need of the research and therapeutic approach of yoga in modern society, SVYAS the university has designed M. Sc (Yoga) course in distance mode as well to take this knowledge to every doorstep. In addition to the overall personality development, this course enables the learner to be equipped with therapeutic skills and research base in yoga. This course includes the ancient wisdom of the Vedas, Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, Patanjali Yoga Sutra, Hath Yoga and Gheranda Samhita along with modern scientific-based anatomy, physiology, psychology, research methodology, and teaching skills.
- After completion of m.sc student have carrier opportunity has an assistant professor in yoga institute (private, state government, central government)
- Junior research fellow in a research institute yoga therapist in multi-specialty hospitals, Ayurveda hospitals, naturopathy centers, and SPA.
- Has a yoga wellness instructor in various central government sectors such as Ministry of culture and tourism.
- As a yoga therapist in the district wellness center, they can also have there own yoga center and are yoga institution.
Duration of the Course
- There will be TWO intakes in each calendar year — January and July. Registration for the course can be done throughout the year and batch is decided on basis of date of registration.
- TThe minimum duration of the course is TWO years and the maximum duration will be FOUR years
- The candidate should have graduation in any discipline with a minimum of 45% marks.
- The candidate should have completed Yoga Instructor’s Course from S-VYASA or VYASA.
Please find the syllabus here
Personal contact programs (PCPs), Arogyadhama posting (clinical training), and research work are mandatory part of the course.
FPersonal contact programs (PCPs), Arogyadhama posting (clinical training), and research work are mandatory part of the course. Five PCPs are to be attended during this whole course. PCP is generally conducted between 8th January to 8th February, and 8th July to 8th August. Every PCP is for 7 days (fifth PCP may be longer). Refer to the Table below. Time of arrival will be communicated through E-mail
Counseling and Personal Contact Programmes (PCPs)
- There will be Seven Personal Contact Programmes conducted as per Table below
- The calendar of events in respect of the course shall be fixed by the Admissions Committee from time to time.
|Type of PCP||1st Semester Induction||1st Semester Assessment/ 2nd Semester Induction|
2nd Semester Assessment/ 3rd Semester Induction
|3rd Semester Assessment/ 4th Semester Induction|
4thSemester Assessment/ 5th Semester Induction
5th Semester Assessment/ 6thSemester Induction
|6th Semester Assessment|
1 to 7 January
|9 to 16 July|
17 to 23 January
25 to 31 July
2 to 8 February
10 to 17 August
19 to 25 February
1 to 7 July
|9 to 16 January|
17 to 23 July
25 to 31 January
2 to 8 August
10 to 17 February
19 to 25 August
You may view the fees by going to Fees Structure (effective from 1st May, 2017
Refund and Cancellation
- Fee paid is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- In case the students do not finish the programme in the current batch, registration will be carried forward to the subsequent batches on payment of per Semester Tuition Fees. If students do not finish
- the programme within stipulated maximum duration, their registrations will be considered cancelled.
How to Apply
You may download the application form Online FREE by downloading the application forms in PDF or Docformats, complete the same and send it to us along with documents listed in the application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org@svyasa.org
Please note: We have been experiencing difficulties with many email addresses.Gmail is our preferred Email provider. Please create a gmail email for easy communications!
Documents to be submitted along with application:
(Documents should be attested by Notary / Gazzetted Officers. In case certificates are self attested, students are required to produce originals during PCPs)
(Please note: Yoga Instructor’s Course PLUS 12th Standard or 12 years of Education (High School) are prerequisites)
i. Two Passport Size Photographs (SIX for non-Indians)
ii. Attested marks card from High School (10th Standard) to highest examination passed
iii. Attested copies of University Certificates
iv. Copy of Passport and Visa (for non-Indian Nationals)
v. Health / Fitness Certificate
vi. Declaration from student stating he/she is not enrolled for other diploma/degree programmes
Apply through Post:
Please send us hard copy of your application form and your educational certificates to
The DD should be drawn in favor of DDE, SVYASA payable at Bangalore
You may pay online through a bank transfer as per details below:
A/c Name : Directorate of Distance Education, S-VYASA OR DDE, SVYASA
A/c Number : 31842235275
Bank Name & Adress : SBI, CA 4 / 1, APC Circle, Jigani Indl. Area, Jigani, Bangalore
SWIFT / IFSC Code: SBIN0011355 (used for RTGS and NEFT transactions)
Branch Code : 11355
Type of Account: Current
You may also deposit cash in any SBI into our bank account given above
Please note: Once payment is made, please send us a copy of your transaction details. We will be unable to provide a receipt with the copy of the transaction details